Retired Racehorse Project to raise its stature by holding its marquee event in Kentucky. read blog
Retired Racehorse Training Project has contracted with Heather Benson of Back Forty Media and Marketing to increase demand in the equestrian sport and recreation markets for Thoroughbred ex-racehorses.
A study on former racehorses transitioned to second careers indicates a large percentage of them are acquired from their owners, not auctions.
More than $818,000 was raised Jan. 4 during the live auction portion of the 24th Annual Select Stallion Season Auction benefiting Thoroughbred Charities of America.
Glenye Cain Oakford takes us through the Retired Racehorse Training Project event and asks various participants why they choose Thoroughbreds and former racehorses. watch video
The inaugural Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium, dedicated to developing second careers for retired Thoroughbred racehorses, will be held in Baltimore. Twenty-six trainers from the U.S. and Canada will participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest