Maggie Slew, the final offspring of 1977 Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew, registered a 6 1/4-length maiden victory in Thursday's first race at Monmouth Park.
Ronald McKee's graded stakes winner Roza Robata has been retired from racing after suffering a slab fracture of her left knee during the Oct. 14 Three Chimneys Spinster Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Plenty of Light moved ahead of Spain while wide of that rival and drew away on the backstretch to a commanding lead en route to winning the $543,500 Three Chimneys Spinster Stakes (gr. I) by 3 1/2 lengths over Spain Saturday at Keeneland. 2-5 favorite Heritage of Gold never made a run and finished fourth.
Heritage of Gold drew the rail and was installed as the 4-5 morning-line favorite for the $543,000-added Three Chimneys Spinster Stakes (gr. I) Saturday at Keeneland. The seven-horse field also includes Plenty of Light, Roza Robata, Spain, and Ruby Surprise.
Silent Eskimo raced just off the pace set by Perlinda and held on through the stretch to win the $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) by 3/4 lengths Saturday at Ellis Park.
Beautiful Pleasure dominated her five rivals Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test