Maggie Slew, the final offspring of 1977 Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew, registered a 6 1/4-length maiden victory in Thursday's first race at Monmouth Park.
Ronald McKee's graded stakes winner Roza Robata has been retired from racing after suffering a slab fracture of her left knee during the Oct. 14 Three Chimneys Spinster Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Plenty of Light moved ahead of Spain while wide of that rival and drew away on the backstretch to a commanding lead en route to winning the $543,500 Three Chimneys Spinster Stakes (gr. I) by 3 1/2 lengths over Spain Saturday at Keeneland. 2-5 favorite Heritage of Gold never made a run and finished fourth.
Heritage of Gold drew the rail and was installed as the 4-5 morning-line favorite for the $543,000-added Three Chimneys Spinster Stakes (gr. I) Saturday at Keeneland. The seven-horse field also includes Plenty of Light, Roza Robata, Spain, and Ruby Surprise.
Silent Eskimo raced just off the pace set by Perlinda and held on through the stretch to win the $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) by 3/4 lengths Saturday at Ellis Park.
Beautiful Pleasure dominated her five rivals Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work