The Arqana December breeding stock sale ended its three-day run in Deauville, France Dec. 8 with significant downturns in its key business figures. When compared to the results from a year ago, when the auction was four days in length, the median price suffered the biggest loss, falling 40.0%. The gross revenue dropped 31.5%, and the average price declined 21.8%.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session