Zayat Stable's Marcavelly, a 3 1/2-length winner of the Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf in his only 2007 start, could be the one to beat in an evenly matched field of 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/16 miles on the Churchill Downs lawn Friday.
The Transylvania Stakes for 3-year-olds on turf and the traditional college scholarship day highlight Friday's opening card at Keeneland in Lexington.
Team Block's undefeated Corrupt proved much the best in capturing the delayed $75,000 Mardi Gras Stakes Monday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas