Zayat Stable's Marcavelly, a 3 1/2-length winner of the Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf in his only 2007 start, could be the one to beat in an evenly matched field of 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/16 miles on the Churchill Downs lawn Friday.
The Transylvania Stakes for 3-year-olds on turf and the traditional college scholarship day highlight Friday's opening card at Keeneland in Lexington.
Team Block's undefeated Corrupt proved much the best in capturing the delayed $75,000 Mardi Gras Stakes Monday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives