Zayat Stable's Marcavelly, a 3 1/2-length winner of the Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf in his only 2007 start, could be the one to beat in an evenly matched field of 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/16 miles on the Churchill Downs lawn Friday.
The Transylvania Stakes for 3-year-olds on turf and the traditional college scholarship day highlight Friday's opening card at Keeneland in Lexington.
Team Block's undefeated Corrupt proved much the best in capturing the delayed $75,000 Mardi Gras Stakes Monday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million