Zayat Stable's Marcavelly, a 3 1/2-length winner of the Transylvania Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf in his only 2007 start, could be the one to beat in an evenly matched field of 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/16 miles on the Churchill Downs lawn Friday.
The Transylvania Stakes for 3-year-olds on turf and the traditional college scholarship day highlight Friday's opening card at Keeneland in Lexington.
Team Block's undefeated Corrupt proved much the best in capturing the delayed $75,000 Mardi Gras Stakes Monday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale