Western Pride, the only U.S.-based horse in the field, drew the outside 11 post position for Saturday's $6-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
Godolphin Racing's Street Cry rolled to an 8 1/2-length triumph over State Shinto (by Pleasant Colony) in Thursday's third round of the Maktoum Challenge (UAE-II) at Nad al Sheba Racecourse. Royal Tryst, a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo, finished third.
Godolphin's Street Cry returns from a four-month break to run in the third round of the Maktoum Challenge Thursday night at Nad Al Sheba in Dubai.
Five horses will oppose a formidable four-horse entry sent out by Godolphin in Thursday's Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid al Maktoum Challenge -- Round Two (UAE-III) at Nad Al Sheba. Godolphin sends out Curule, China Visit, Best of the Bests, and State Shinto in the 1 1/8-mile dirt race.
Skoozi, a 6-year-old bred in New Zealand, overtook China Visit in deep stretch to post a nose victory over China Visit in the first round of the Maktoum Challenge (UAE-III) Thursday at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse. Royal Tryst, a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo, finished third.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan Kentucky Derby Bid
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George