Leroidesanimaux puts his seven-race winning streak on the line as the 9-5 morning line favorite against eight opponents in Sunday's $1 million Atto Mile (Can-I) at Woodbine.
Domestic Dispute and Royal Regalia, contenders for Saturday's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), took to the grass at Lone Star Park Monday and both found it very much to their liking.
With only 13 of the 101 horses pre-entered in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships on the grounds at Lone Star Park, there has been a paucity of activity this week by the Cup horses. In fact, an unseasonable heat wave in North Texas has been been the hottest topic of conversation around the track the past couple of days.
Soaring Free became the first favorite to win the Atto Mile (Can-I) Sunday, avenging his only loss in nine career starts at Woodbine in last year's edition of the $1 million race.
Sam-Son Farm's Soaring Free has been installed as the 2-1 morning line favorite in a field of 11 for Sunday's $1 million Atto Mile (Can-I) at Woodbine.
Nothing to Lose, guided by John Velazquez through a couple of narrow gaps in the stretch, squeezed through along the hedge close to home and went on to a narrow victory over Silver Tree in the $200,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga turf Saturday.
Stronach Stable's Royal Regalia shattered Woodbine's one mile E.P. Taylor Turf course record Thursday, covering the distance in 1:31.84.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth