Rigney Racing's gelded son of Purim gets his first win since October 2013 and breaks the dry spell with his first stakes win in graded company.
Black Fighter became the first Azerbaijani-bred winner in the U.S. when the 3-year-old colt captured a maiden claiming test as the favorite Jan. 19 at Turfway Park.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens rode the first winner of his newly-launched comeback Jan. 12, getting the job done aboard Glen Hill Farm's Branding at Santa Anita Park.
J. W. Singer's Teeth of the Dog ran like an even-money favorite should, gamely holding off a late challenge from Fast Falcon to take the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) June 30 at Belmont Park.
Teeth of the Dog, a 15-1 shot for the May 19 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), was bred by a farm with roots in Azerbaijan.
The first reported foal by dual champion Lookin At Lucky is a filly born Jan. 16 at Royal Pegasus near Lexington.
Don Gato, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat, will stand in 2012 at Royal Pegasus near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf