Making only his second start in North America, 5-year-old Royal Oath came three-wide into the stretch then out-dueled pacesetter Ice Bear to earn his first victory in more than a year June 28 in the $309,400 King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
After winning the Queen's Plate last weekend with Not Bourbon, the colt's connections come right back with morning line favorite Society's Chairman in the $300,000 King Edward Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II).
Jiggs Coz, third as the favorite in last year's Queen's Plate, returns to action after a 10 1/2-month layoff for trainer Sid Attard in the $150,000 Connaught Cup (Can-III) on the Woodbine turf course May 25.
Archipenko provided yet another stakes win for the powerhouse Mike de Kock racing stable as he rolled to an impressive two-length victory in the Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) at Nad al Sheba Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC