Keeneland's January sale featured a robust upper market in Book 1, but that didn't prevent declines in average and median at the end of the five-day auction, which saw a continuation of 2015's finicky market.
Kentucky Downs has designated its Sept. 24 card as Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation Day in support of a leading source of veterinary research for horses.
The action picked up early during the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11 when three yearlings each brought more than $1 million in quick succession.
Magdalena Racing's Pure Fun returned from a five-month layoff in style with an off-the-pace victory in the $202,300 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Indiana Downs Oct. 5.
Pure Fun, the lone shipper in this year's grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes, turned in an electric performance in rallying from last at the quarter pole to win by one length Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The final turf racing day of the Woodbine season was a success for jockey Jono Jones and for longshot players.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Jon Court Hits 4,000-Win Milestone
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass