Stonestreet's Teen Pauline seeks her first graded stakes score and third straight stakes win March 1 at Aqueduct, when she takes on a small but salty field of fillies and mares in the $200,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II).
The nine-race New Year's Day card Wednesday at Aqueduct spotlights fillies and mares with the 1 1/16-mile Affectionately Stakes and the six-furlong Interborough Stakes.
With Jose Ortiz setting her loose three wide turning for home, Royal Lahaina pounced on the lead, opened a two-length advantage in mid-stretch, and was never threatened late in upsetting the $300,000 Go for Wand Handicap.
Executiveprivilege, a two-time grade I winner last year who has been sidelined for a good portion of 2013, continues on the comeback trail when she faces seven challengers in the $300,000 Go for Wand Handicap (gr. II).
Centring, grade I-placed in three New York events this season for trainer Tom Albertrani, looks to break through with a class drop in the $200,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. IIIT) Oct. 26 at Belmont Park.
Out from the shadow of rival Joyful Victory, Brushed by a Star has a chance to shine in the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne Race Course April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three