German-bred Royal Highness avenged her loss to Safari Queen in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) with a two-length win over her rival in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Irish-based stallion Montjeu began 2006 the same way he ended it -- with another Group 1 winner. This time, it was the lightly raced Corre Caminos who rolled to a five-length victory in the Prix Ganay-Grand Prix Air Mauritius (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Arizona's Global Symposium Registration Open
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes