German-bred Royal Highness avenged her loss to Safari Queen in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) with a two-length win over her rival in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Irish-based stallion Montjeu began 2006 the same way he ended it -- with another Group 1 winner. This time, it was the lightly raced Corre Caminos who rolled to a five-length victory in the Prix Ganay-Grand Prix Air Mauritius (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend