Kathleen Rose would not let her win streak end without a fight but Parranda proved to have just enough to score a narrow victory in the $200,000 Royal Heroine Stakes (gr. IIT) June 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Mutliple grade II winner Stormy Lucy is the 124-pound highweight in the June 28 Royal Heroine Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park that is expected to mark the U.S. debut of New Zealand champion Habibi.
Trainer Bob Baffert's Santa Catarina is the 7-2 favorite among fourteen 3-year-old fillies in Saturday's second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 mile over Hollywood Park's Lakeside Turf Course. The Oaks tops a bill that includes the $300,000 Triple Bend Breeders' Cup Handicap at seven furlongs and the $100,000-added Royal Heroine Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Trainer Laura de Seroux raised her stakes-leading total to four with Azeri's victory in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) Saturday and seeks to add to those numbers during the next two weeks of the Hollywood Park spring/summer meet.
Graded stakes winners Out of Mind and Freedom Crest are the leading contenders in $100,000 Bel Air Handicap (gr. II), one of three stakes on Hollywood Park's Saturday card. The other races include the $100,000 Royal Heroine Stakes (gr. III) and the $100,000 Landaluce Stakes (gr. III)
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?