Leading Light, unbeaten in three starts this season, heads a field of 11 for the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 14 at the Curragh. It is one of three group I events on the program.
The QIPCO British Champions Day undercard Oct. 19 at Ascot featured victories by determined sprinter Slade Power and late-running stayer Royal Diamond.
Pat Cummings presents an analysis of racing March 2 at the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan in the United Arab Emirates. The card includes the $250,000 Zabeel Mile (UAE-II) and the $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III).
The $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III) attracted an intriguing 13-horse field, including globetrotting Jakkalberry, 2012 Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) victor Royal Diamond, and Saddler's Rock, who has shown impressive stamina.
Outsider Royal Diamond came out on top in a four-horse photo finish to win the $258,500 Gains Horse Feeds Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) by a head at the Curragh Sept. 15.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic