Leading Light, unbeaten in three starts this season, heads a field of 11 for the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St Leger (Ire-I) Sept. 14 at the Curragh. It is one of three group I events on the program.
The QIPCO British Champions Day undercard Oct. 19 at Ascot featured victories by determined sprinter Slade Power and late-running stayer Royal Diamond.
Pat Cummings presents an analysis of racing March 2 at the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan in the United Arab Emirates. The card includes the $250,000 Zabeel Mile (UAE-II) and the $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III).
The $200,000 Nad Al Sheba Trophy (UAE-III) attracted an intriguing 13-horse field, including globetrotting Jakkalberry, 2012 Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) victor Royal Diamond, and Saddler's Rock, who has shown impressive stamina.
Outsider Royal Diamond came out on top in a four-horse photo finish to win the $258,500 Gains Horse Feeds Irish St. Leger (Ire-I) by a head at the Curragh Sept. 15.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin