Roy Smith has taken over as racetrack superintendent at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino in Shelbyville after spending the past 30 years in that capacity at Philadelphia Park/Parx Racing, it was announced Aug. 7.
Combining data with superintendents' experience key to developing new protocols for racetrack maintenance.
A rash of breakdowns at Philadelphia Park this year has officials looking for an explanation.
Philadelphia Park, closed to live racing for three consecutive days due to unsafe conditions caused by bad winter weather, was back in action Sunday, when it completed a nine-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees