Roy Smith has taken over as racetrack superintendent at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino in Shelbyville after spending the past 30 years in that capacity at Philadelphia Park/Parx Racing, it was announced Aug. 7.
Combining data with superintendents' experience key to developing new protocols for racetrack maintenance.
A rash of breakdowns at Philadelphia Park this year has officials looking for an explanation.
Philadelphia Park, closed to live racing for three consecutive days due to unsafe conditions caused by bad winter weather, was back in action Sunday, when it completed a nine-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens