Roy Smith has taken over as racetrack superintendent at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino in Shelbyville after spending the past 30 years in that capacity at Philadelphia Park/Parx Racing, it was announced Aug. 7.
Combining data with superintendents' experience key to developing new protocols for racetrack maintenance.
A rash of breakdowns at Philadelphia Park this year has officials looking for an explanation.
Philadelphia Park, closed to live racing for three consecutive days due to unsafe conditions caused by bad winter weather, was back in action Sunday, when it completed a nine-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions