A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
Roy Minami, the California Horse Racing Board's assistant executive director for more than 15 years, resigned his post this week.
The California Horse Racing Board has introduced a newly developed digital photo identification system into the licensing process at all racetracks in the state. The board and racing associations could use the automated system to enhance security in restricted areas.
The California Horse Racing Board has introduced fingerprint scanning technology to its permit process to quickly identify those applicants who are disqualified from obtaining licenses and prevent them from participating in horseracing.
Responding to the presence of the bacterial infection strangles among racehorses in Florida, the California Horse Racing Board, in conjunction with the state's racetracks, has established a policy setting health requirements for horses being shipped from Florida to California.
Executive Director Roy Wood of the California Horse Racing Board announced that he intends to retire at the end of this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts