A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
Roy Minami, the California Horse Racing Board's assistant executive director for more than 15 years, resigned his post this week.
The California Horse Racing Board has introduced a newly developed digital photo identification system into the licensing process at all racetracks in the state. The board and racing associations could use the automated system to enhance security in restricted areas.
The California Horse Racing Board has introduced fingerprint scanning technology to its permit process to quickly identify those applicants who are disqualified from obtaining licenses and prevent them from participating in horseracing.
Responding to the presence of the bacterial infection strangles among racehorses in Florida, the California Horse Racing Board, in conjunction with the state's racetracks, has established a policy setting health requirements for horses being shipped from Florida to California.
Executive Director Roy Wood of the California Horse Racing Board announced that he intends to retire at the end of this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom