William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm reported that the first two mares are in foal to 2003 Horse of the Year Mineshaft.
Megans Bluff was headed in the stretch but regrouped to win Saturday's $112,900 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The 5-year-old bay daughter of Pine Bluff completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.87 on a good turf course in winning the race for the second straight year.
Megans Bluff remained unbeaten on the Churchill Downs turf course, drawing away to win Saturday's $113,600 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/4 lengths over Sitka. The win marks her third in three attempts on the Churchill grass, with all three wins coming under different jockeys.
Megans Bluff became the second graded stakes winner of the day bred by Kevin G. Pipes when the 3-year-old daughter of Pine Bluff just held on to win the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) by a neck Monday at Arlington International. Earlier in the day at Philadelphia Park, Pine Dance, a 3-year-old son of Pine Bluff bred by Pipes, earned a three-length win in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown