William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm reported that the first two mares are in foal to 2003 Horse of the Year Mineshaft.
Megans Bluff was headed in the stretch but regrouped to win Saturday's $112,900 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. The 5-year-old bay daughter of Pine Bluff completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.87 on a good turf course in winning the race for the second straight year.
Megans Bluff remained unbeaten on the Churchill Downs turf course, drawing away to win Saturday's $113,600 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/4 lengths over Sitka. The win marks her third in three attempts on the Churchill grass, with all three wins coming under different jockeys.
Megans Bluff became the second graded stakes winner of the day bred by Kevin G. Pipes when the 3-year-old daughter of Pine Bluff just held on to win the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) by a neck Monday at Arlington International. Earlier in the day at Philadelphia Park, Pine Dance, a 3-year-old son of Pine Bluff bred by Pipes, earned a three-length win in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans