Mr. Nightlinger, one of the better turf sprinters in the country, overcame a wide starting berth under Jamie Theriot to post a 1 1/2-length win in the $98,500 Jim McKay Turf Sprint at Pimlico May 15.
Shadowless overtook Rouse the Cat in the final furlong to produce a 16-1 surprise in the $127,120 Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine Nov. 22.
The biggest head-scratcher of the two-day Breeders' Cup World Championships could well be the inaugural running of the $1-million Turf Sprint Oct. 25.
The wire got there just in time for True to Tradition, who nosed 52-1 shot Rouse the Cat for victory in the Nearctic Stakes (Can-II), a Breeders' Cup "Win and You're In" race on the Woodbine turf Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- TOBA August Member of the Month
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release