Solo Survivor got the first graded stakes win of her career when she went from last to first to win the $150,000 Matron Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Sept. 8.
Round Heels has only started once on a synthetic surface in 21 races. But a repeat of that effort, when the 6-year-old Irish-bred mare came up a neck short in the Bayakoa Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track, would make her tough to beat in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 8.
Foxysox, successfully making the transition from turf to Hollywood Park's new Cushion track, rallied under jockey Victor Espinoza to win Sunday's $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) by a neck over 35-1 shot Round Heels.
Arlington Park turf specialist Chic Dancer produced her first graded stakes victory in Saturday's $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT), holding off the late-charging favorite Louve Royale and Minge Cove by a half-length Saturday.
Louve Royale, most recently a fast-closing third in the Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs June 17, is the 5-2 morning line favorite in a field of 10 turf fillies and mares assembled for Saturday's $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes