Dawalan prevailed in the richest event ever run at a National Steeplechase Association race meet, the $300,00 Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 17 at Far Hills.
The 5-year-old gelding, ridden by Ross Geraghty, won the 2 1/8-mile steeplechase in 4:04.2. Fog Island was 1 1/2 lengths back in second, while Forgotten Man was an additional 5 3/4-lengths back in third.
Irish-bred Black Jack Blues, relishing the soft going at Far Hills Races in New Jersey Oct. 22, strode away to a front-running seven-length victory in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning
- Governor Malibu Probable for Jim Dandy