Dawalan prevailed in the richest event ever run at a National Steeplechase Association race meet, the $300,00 Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 17 at Far Hills.
The 5-year-old gelding, ridden by Ross Geraghty, won the 2 1/8-mile steeplechase in 4:04.2. Fog Island was 1 1/2 lengths back in second, while Forgotten Man was an additional 5 3/4-lengths back in third.
Irish-bred Black Jack Blues, relishing the soft going at Far Hills Races in New Jersey Oct. 22, strode away to a front-running seven-length victory in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System