Dawalan prevailed in the richest event ever run at a National Steeplechase Association race meet, the $300,00 Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 17 at Far Hills.
The 5-year-old gelding, ridden by Ross Geraghty, won the 2 1/8-mile steeplechase in 4:04.2. Fog Island was 1 1/2 lengths back in second, while Forgotten Man was an additional 5 3/4-lengths back in third.
Irish-bred Black Jack Blues, relishing the soft going at Far Hills Races in New Jersey Oct. 22, strode away to a front-running seven-length victory in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses