Dawalan prevailed in the richest event ever run at a National Steeplechase Association race meet, the $300,00 Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 17 at Far Hills.
The 5-year-old gelding, ridden by Ross Geraghty, won the 2 1/8-mile steeplechase in 4:04.2. Fog Island was 1 1/2 lengths back in second, while Forgotten Man was an additional 5 3/4-lengths back in third.
Irish-bred Black Jack Blues, relishing the soft going at Far Hills Races in New Jersey Oct. 22, strode away to a front-running seven-length victory in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery