After a strong 2-year-old sales season, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky hopes to build on last year's July sale that saw a 16.3% increase in average price to $81,291 and a 15.1% spike in gross to $15,364,000.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale posted first-session results for revenue and average Monday that didn't change dramatically from 2004's figures, but the buy-back rate rose sharply.
She used to be known as the "Bag Lady" at the Kentucky sales because she catered lunches for barn help. But Monday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction, Rosilyn Polan was rolling in dough.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot