After a strong 2-year-old sales season, Fasig-Tipton Kentucky hopes to build on last year's July sale that saw a 16.3% increase in average price to $81,291 and a 15.1% spike in gross to $15,364,000.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale posted first-session results for revenue and average Monday that didn't change dramatically from 2004's figures, but the buy-back rate rose sharply.
She used to be known as the "Bag Lady" at the Kentucky sales because she catered lunches for barn help. But Monday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction, Rosilyn Polan was rolling in dough.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- TOBA May Member of the Month
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning