Trainer C.R. Trout's homebred grade I winner Shotgun Gulch has been retired from racing because of a cracked sesamoid in her left front leg suffered during a workout.
Shotgun Gulch passed favored Amen Hallelujah in deep stretch to post an 11-1 upset in the $300,000 Vinery Madison (gr. I) April 14 at Keeneland.
Peach Brew, who won two stakes last year, including the Arlington Oaks (gr. III), was named Horse of the Year and top 3-year-old female by the Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Arqana October Yearling Sale Sets Records
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner