Smarty Jones has been treated for a blocked ampulla and the dual classic winner has resumed normal breeding activity.
Three Chimneys Farm announced it has opened an office in Japan to facilitate customer communications.
Smarty Jones, who nearly made off with last year's Triple Crown, is on the way to paying back part of his multi-million dollar syndicated price tag.
Dual classic-placed Impeachment was represented by his first winner Sept. 9 when his daughter Deepinnegotiations won at seven furlongs in 1:28.51 at Calder Race Course.
Yearlings sired by Storm Cat were in demand Thursday night during the third and final session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, New York. After gross and average price declines during the Tuesday and Wednesday sessions, numbers rose during the final session when compared with the same night one year ago.
Smarty Jones, the Elusive Quality colt whose quest for the Triple Crown came up short in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been retired due to bone bruises in all four cannon bones caused by his rigorous campaign at ages two and three.
Three Chimneys Farm president Dan Rosenberg announced the death of successful farm stallion Fly So Free Oct. 21 of congestive heart failure.
A profound sadness permeates Three Chimneys Farm Tuesday. Its marquee stallion Seattle Slew, who with the exception of the last 30 days was an integral part of the farm for 17 years, is gone.
Youbet.com had added an entertainment industry executive and a venture capitalist to its board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Ohio Moves to Increase Losing Mount Fees
- Keeneland's New Dirt Track
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races