Irish raider Gordon Lord Byron snuck up the rail and won the George Ryder Stakes (Aus-I) in his Australian debut March 29, becoming the first Northern Hemisphere horse to win a group I race at Rosehill Gardens.
Australia witnessed a new staying star emerge when the lightly raced Dealer Principal (Flying Spur-Volte) came with a powerful well-timed run to win the Dubai Rosehill Guineas (Aust-I) April 12 over 10 furlongs at Rosehill Gardens in Sydney.
Timber Country and Bubble Gum Fellow had minimal impact in Australia, but the Shadai Farms-controlled pair had success March 12 on both sides of the Tasman Sea.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality