Irish raider Gordon Lord Byron snuck up the rail and won the George Ryder Stakes (Aus-I) in his Australian debut March 29, becoming the first Northern Hemisphere horse to win a group I race at Rosehill Gardens.
Australia witnessed a new staying star emerge when the lightly raced Dealer Principal (Flying Spur-Volte) came with a powerful well-timed run to win the Dubai Rosehill Guineas (Aust-I) April 12 over 10 furlongs at Rosehill Gardens in Sydney.
Timber Country and Bubble Gum Fellow had minimal impact in Australia, but the Shadai Farms-controlled pair had success March 12 on both sides of the Tasman Sea.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm