Two-year-old colt Pierro remained unbeaten in four starts when he collared pacesetter Snitzerland for a half-length victory in Australia's $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill April 7.
Quest for Fame son De Beers sprang an April Fool surprise at 16-1 in the second leg of Australia's Triple Crown, the Rosehill Guineas (Aust-I).
Grand Armee collected his sixth Australian group I at Rosehill March 5 and Hennessy's fast-moving headliner has not won any of his 12 races (from 28 starts) easier.
Ethereal, Calaway Gal, and jockey Scott Seamer were the big winners at Rosehill over the weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76
- Maryland-Based Owner Heft Dies at 94