Waterford Stable's Summer Front found room late and exploded in the final yards to defeat Howe Great in the $150,000 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at Belmont Park June 16.
With a big late burst, undefeated Summer Front concluded his 2-year-old campaign with an impressive 1 1/2-length victory over favored Finale in the $100,000 Dania Stakes on the Gulfstream Park turf Dec. 18.
Laragh, the only graded winner in the May 1 Edgewood Stakes, won the race in wire-to-wire fashion over favored Magical Affair.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Laragh's victories, most recently in the grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes Dec. 13, have helped seal her sire Tapit's position as the leading freshman sire and juvenile sire of 2008. Laragh has won on synthetic surfaces and turf and could be equally dangerous as a sophomore on dirt in 2009.
With Edgar Prado at the controls, Laragh dictated the pace to score a one-length victory Dec. 13 in the $429,500 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Highlander Features Battle of The Sexes
- Golden Horn Tackles Older Horses at Sandown
- Warriorscmoutoplay Rolls Into Azalea
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile