Canadian graded stakes winner Rosberg came through with his first winner when his 2-year-old son Dog scored in a six-furlong race at Hastings Race Course July 29.
The two-time Sovereign Award winner True Metropolitan, in the midst of a five-race losing streak, returns to Woodbine to defend his title in the $150,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) on the Polytrack Nov. 9.
Surprising Rosberg tagged Krazy Koffee at the wire to capture the $100,000 British Columbia Premiers Stakes (Can-III) by a neck at Hastings Park Oct. 12.
Four Roses Thoroughbreds' Diamond Stripes scored the biggest victory of his career March 29 at Nad al Sheba in Dubai, bravely battling back on the rail in the final sixteenth to take the $1-million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) by a length under Edgar Prado.
A February-born Singspiel colt out of champion racemare Bosra Sham set the Tattersalls sale ring alight in Newmarket, England on Friday when selling for 525,000 guineas to Sheikh Mohammed at the December Foal Sale.
A February-born Singspiel colt out of champion racemare Bosra Sham set the Tattersalls sale ring alight in Newmarket Friday night when selling for 525,000 guineas to Sheik Mohammed at the December Foal Sale.
This is the third in a series of early looks at next year's potential Derby horses. While Bob Baffert is taking his time sorting out his Derby contenders, his former assistant Eoin Harty bids farewell to his top stars. This week, we'll focus on the "new" Godolphin stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon