Seattle Shamus, an 8-year-old son of Seattle Slew, died Sept. 5 from complications of colic at Dr. Jack Root's Oakhurst Farm near Newberg, Ore.
Graded stakes winners Capsized, D'wildcat, and Hook and Ladder sired their first winners in mid-June.
Ralph C. Sessa's Blazing Rate nailed a resolute In Summation in the final stride to win the $400,000 In Reality Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes, spoiling the previously undefeated colt's bid to sweep the series on Saturday during Calder's $1.6 million Festival of the Sun card.
Seattle Shamus, whose :20.96 is believed to be the fastest opening quarter-mile ever run at Santa Anita, will enter stud at Dr. Jack Root's Oakhurst Thoroughbreds near Newberg, Ore.
Timber Legend, a half-brother to two grade I winners, and Unbridled's Comet, a $1.9 million Keeneland July yearling, have been retired from racing and will enter stud at Dr. Jack Root's Oakhurst Thoroughbreds near Newberg, Ore.
Might E Man, also known as "The People's Horse," captured the $10,000 Preview Stakes Saturday at Portland Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge