Rachel Alexandra, the 2009 Horse of the Year, and her newborn colt have been taken to an equine facility for pain management related to the birth, according to a spokesman.
Brookdale Farm announced Aug. 22 the death of its stallion Forest Wildcat. The graded stakes-winning son of Storm Cat died the evening of Aug. 21 at Rood & Riddle Equine Clinic near Lexington. An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
Noble Causeway, a late scratch prior to the Jim Dandy (gr. II) who was pulled up early in an allowance race Aug. 6, does not have a stress fracture, according to trainer Nick Zito. The colt was diagnosed by Dr. Larry Bramlage at the Rood and Riddle Equine Clinic in Lexington, Ky.
The Jockey Club on Friday announced the election of three new members: Reynolds Bell Jr., Larry Bramlage, D.V.M., and Richard Santulli.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Leads MM Weanling Session
- Looking for a Longshot in the Gamely Stakes
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap