He raced for New Orleans, becoming the pride and joy of anyone who called the bayous home and making Louisiana the capital of the horse racing industry for a brief yet unforgettable period of time.
Kandaly, winner of the 1994 La. Derby (gr. III) who was scratched the day of the Kentucky Derby, died Sept. 12. The 23-year-old from the last crop of Alydar died of founder at Main Street Thoroughbreds near Lake Charles, La.
Beyondallboundarys will be going for her second consecutive stakes triumph when she takes on eight rivals in the Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Aug. 28 on the Travers undercard.
Louisiana racing fans are wondering if Recapturetheglory will live up to his name when he returns to competition in the Feb. 15 opener at Fair Grounds.
When last seen racing under the Twin Spires, Recapturetheglory ran a respectable fifth in the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), earning a $60,000 check in the process.
Nick and Jaqui de Meric will have a special rooting interest in this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). Recapturetheglory, who will be running for the roses May 3 at Churchill Downs after capturing the Illinois Derby (gr. II) by four lengths, is a graduate of the couple's Florida-based pinhooking program.
Louie Roussel III & Ronnie Lamarque's undefeated In Secure got up in the shadow of the wire to win the $75,000 Real Delight Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by a neck over 44-1 longshot Nicole's Dream Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes