When Kelso took the fifth and last of his five consecutive Jockey Club Gold Cups (then at two miles) in 1964, many veteran horsemen believed they had seen a feat never to be equaled in American racing. They were wrong. Michael Moran's fabulous gelding McDynamo not only equaled Kelso's mark in a championship-level event by winning the Breeders' Cup Grand National Steeplechase (NSA-I) for the fifth consecutive time, but in some eyes went one better.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- Florida Governor Signs Medication Reform Bill
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- Belmont Stakes: American Pharoah Arrives
- Buyers Selective On Day 1 of MM Yearling Sale