The popular racing mule Black Ruby got back on the winning track Sunday at Stockton, Cal., but the star may have added a serious rival in the process.
The first match race at Los Alamitos in more than 10 years lived up to the hype, as mules Black Ruby and Taz put on another competitive and charismatic show before the world famous Black Ruby defeated her archrival once again.
Black Ruby, the "Secretariat of Mules," will square off with her archrival Taz in the first pari-mutuel mule race ever held at Los Alamitos Race Course on May 23. The two popular mules will compete in a $10,000 Battle of the Titans match race at 300 yards.
In the Mule Heavyweight Championship, Black Ruby again proved she's queen of her breed.
Black Ruby, the all-time great racing mule, defeated rival Taz in a $10,000 match race, "The Mule Duel," at Del Mar Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII