Jockey Shawn Spikes won the first race of his career March 13, when he guided Game Seeker to victory in the first race of the day at Golden Gate Fields.
The popular racing mule Black Ruby got back on the winning track Sunday at Stockton, Cal., but the star may have added a serious rival in the process.
The first match race at Los Alamitos in more than 10 years lived up to the hype, as mules Black Ruby and Taz put on another competitive and charismatic show before the world famous Black Ruby defeated her archrival once again.
Black Ruby, the "Secretariat of Mules," will square off with her archrival Taz in the first pari-mutuel mule race ever held at Los Alamitos Race Course on May 23. The two popular mules will compete in a $10,000 Battle of the Titans match race at 300 yards.
In the Mule Heavyweight Championship, Black Ruby again proved she's queen of her breed.
Black Ruby, the all-time great racing mule, defeated rival Taz in a $10,000 match race, "The Mule Duel," at Del Mar Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters