Calder Race Course said Feb. 9 it has begun application of a new elastomeric coating to 60 barn roofs in the track's stable area, a project that will help reduce stable temperatures normally hiked by the South Florida sun.
Carson Springs Farm's Nkosi Reigns took the lead entering the first turn and never looked back en route to a one-length score in the Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Buckingham Stables' 3-year-old filly A Sea Trippi defeated Running Bobcats by 2 ¼ lengths in the $100,000 U Can Do It Handicap for fillies and mares at showery Calder Race Course Saturday.
Centaur Farms' homebred Redoubled Miss will defend her title against a field of six older fillies and mares in Saturday's $100,000 Stage Door Betty Handicap at Calder Race Course. The 6-year-old filly won last year's event by a nose over Grab Bag. She will break from the outside under jockey Eibar Coa, who has been aboard for her last three starts, including a victory in the Shocker T. Handicap, also at Calder. She placed third in the Stage Door Betty in 2002.
Centaur Farms' Redoubled Miss made a strong, late run to win the $100,000 Stage Door Betty Handicap at Calder on Saturday to barely edge Grab Bag by a nose. Pampered Princess was only a head behind the first two finishers in a fantastic finish.
Brazil Stable's Chispiski took advantage of a Calder track favoring speed to win Saturday's $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at seven furlongs.
The much-improved Mountain Forum will be seeking his third straight victory when he starts in Saturday's $250,000 Aventura Stakes at Gulfstream Park. The 3-year-old event will be run at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move