The Indiana Horse Racing Commission March 10 upheld an administrative law judge's order that trainer Tom Amoss be suspended 60 days and fined $5,000 in a therapeutic medication case that has dragged on for three years.
Maggi Moss has had success racing at Indiana Grand Race Course, which she calls a bright spot in Midwest Thoroughbred racing. But dysfunction and unfair practices in racing regulation are threatening the business, she said.
The first Quarter Horse race at Turfway Park since 1972, and the first held anywhere on Polytrack, will be held the evening of Sept. 12 at the Northern Kentucky track.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Jon Court Hits 4,000-Win Milestone
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass