The filly Ria Antonia will compete in the May 17 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and be ridden by Calvin Borel, the Maryland Jockey Club confirmed May 12.
Ria Antonia worked a half-mile in :47 3/5 over a track labeled as good the morning of May 11 at Churchill Downs with a decision looming on whether the 3-year-old filly is to take on males in the upcoming Preaknes
After finishing seventh in the May 2 Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), adjudged 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Ria Antonia could head to the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) for trainer Tom Amoss.
Paolucci is Courageously Confident in Ria Antonia. read blog
Turfway Park concluded its 46th winter/spring meet March 30 with Albin Jimenez and Mike Maker repeating their respective leading rider and trainer titles.
Ria Antonia, a candidate for the April 5 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), blazed four furlongs March 14 in a bullet :46 3/5 for trainer Bob Baffert.
Trainer Jeremiah Englehart and owner Ron Paolucci have parted ways over Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Ria Antonia. The filly will be sent to Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Ria Antonia appears headed for a start in the Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds Feb. 22 rather than facing males in the Risen Star Stakes (gr. II).
As of Jan. 30, Ron Paolucci, owner of Loooch Racing and manager of Ria Antonia's career along with trainer Jeremiah Englehart, was uncertain exactly what the future is for the 3-year-old Rockport Harbor filly.
The longshot winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) doesn't know she's competing against girls, just knows she wants to beat other runners, according to owner Ron Paolucci.
Most Popular Stories
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Del Mar Makes Adjustments to Slow Polytrack
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post