M. Y. Stables' homebred Plain Ol' Willard, already a winner of more than $150,000, padded his bankroll in a big way with a come-from-behind upset win in the $150,000 Best of Ohio Endurance Stakes Oct. 11 at Belterra Park.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission and the Indiana Thoroughbred Breed Development Advisory Committee has named M Y Stable's Basin Banannie as its Horse of the Year and leading 3-year-old filly.
Nearly 30 years ago, Michael Nance got his start in Thoroughbred racing cutting the grass at the Busler Training Center in Evansville, Ind. He recently saddled the 1,000th winner as a trainer.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training