M. Y. Stables' homebred Plain Ol' Willard, already a winner of more than $150,000, padded his bankroll in a big way with a come-from-behind upset win in the $150,000 Best of Ohio Endurance Stakes Oct. 11 at Belterra Park.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission and the Indiana Thoroughbred Breed Development Advisory Committee has named M Y Stable's Basin Banannie as its Horse of the Year and leading 3-year-old filly.
Nearly 30 years ago, Michael Nance got his start in Thoroughbred racing cutting the grass at the Busler Training Center in Evansville, Ind. He recently saddled the 1,000th winner as a trainer.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland