M. Y. Stables' homebred Plain Ol' Willard, already a winner of more than $150,000, padded his bankroll in a big way with a come-from-behind upset win in the $150,000 Best of Ohio Endurance Stakes Oct. 11 at Belterra Park.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission and the Indiana Thoroughbred Breed Development Advisory Committee has named M Y Stable's Basin Banannie as its Horse of the Year and leading 3-year-old filly.
Nearly 30 years ago, Michael Nance got his start in Thoroughbred racing cutting the grass at the Busler Training Center in Evansville, Ind. He recently saddled the 1,000th winner as a trainer.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another