The racing career of Australia's iron maiden, multiple group I winner Gold Edition, is over after she resumed from a spell in the group I Lightning Stakes on 2 February at Flemington and failed to run a place.
It took a few dramatically unsuccessful attempts for connections to realize that Australia's former champion 3-year-old filly, Gold Edition, would be a senior superstar too, if simply allowed to run. She did that and won the Manikato Stakes Sept. 15.
The Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions yearling sale had a record gross of Aust124,475,450 ($98,360,541) for its eight sessions.
It is so pleasing when the best horse in the race wins. And that's excatly what turned out as the dust settled on the (Aus) $1 million Magic Millions 3-Year-Old Classic when Gold Edition, Australia's premier sprinting sophomore, scorched the turf to lead all the way and win by a widening five lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland