Recapturetheglory, fifth in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has had his Preakness Stakes (gr. I) plans derailed by a fever. The son of Cherokee Run is officially out, according to co-owner Ronnie Lamarque, who confirmed the news at 2 p.m. EDT May 10.
Saying "we're there to win", co-owner Ronnie Lamarque announced May 7 that Recapturetheglory, who finished fifth to Big Brown in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is confirmed for $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 17 at Pimlico Race Course.
Recapturetheglory, thought to be nothing more than a pacesetter, jumped to the early lead and never gave it up, powering home to a commanding four-length victory in the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) April 5 at Hawthorne Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah, Beholder Work for Classic
- Ageless Sustains Cut in Franklin County Win
- Jockeys Find Keeneland Mile Race Challenging
- Honor Code to Prepare for Classic at Belmont
- Circumference to Stand at Milky Way in 2016
- Two Ejected From Churchill Grounds
- Consumer Credit Aims to End Skid in Pebbles
- Meadowlands Cancels Racing for Oct. 9
- Pedigree Analysis: Bloodroot
- Three Pletcher Breeders' Cup Hopefuls Breeze