Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: At The Sales
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge