Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Delaware, Lab Work to Improve Test Turnaround
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Tattersalls Finalizes Dates for October Sale