Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- ARCI Announces Poll Results on Medication
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.