Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch