Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast