Ron Anderson has taken the book of jockey Joel Rosario and will represent the rider in New York while handling his mount assignments at Saratoga Race Course, the agent confirmed Aug. 1.
Jockey agent Vic Stauffer, fired by jockey Joel Rosario March 10, has taken the book of Tyler Baze, whose business was surrendered by agent Ron Ebanks that day when he began representing Rosario.
Jockey Joel Rosario, second to Rafael Bejarano at Santa Anita in overall victories with 42 through March 10, fired agent Vic Stauffer and hired Ron Ebanks, who had represented cousins Tyler and Michael Baze.
Tyler Baze, second in the Del Mar rider standings to Joel Rosario, is expected to be out of action for a week as the result of suffering a broken little finger on his left hand. Baze was unseated by his mount, R. Bee Ess, as they went to the gate for the 10th race Aug. 22.
Jockey Corey Nakatani could miss the remainder of the Oak Tree meet at Santa Anita, including the two-day Breeders' Cup festival, with a fractured right clavicle suffered in a spill in the Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the opening day of the meet Sept. 24.
Longtime New York trainer Gary Gullo has replaced Ron Ebanks as agent for jockey Jorge Chavez. Gullo, who gave up his 25 horses in training to take the job, will begin booking mounts for Chavez as soon as the rider finishes his rehab for vertebrae fractures suffered in a spill in the Florida Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby