Leading Santa Anita Park jockey Rafael Bejarano and Hall of Fame rider Gary Stevens are each getting new agents, according to the Santa Anita communications department.
Ron Anderson has taken the book of jockey Joel Rosario and will represent the rider in New York while handling his mount assignments at Saratoga Race Course, the agent confirmed Aug. 1.
Jockey agent Vic Stauffer, fired by jockey Joel Rosario March 10, has taken the book of Tyler Baze, whose business was surrendered by agent Ron Ebanks that day when he began representing Rosario.
Jockey Joel Rosario, second to Rafael Bejarano at Santa Anita in overall victories with 42 through March 10, fired agent Vic Stauffer and hired Ron Ebanks, who had represented cousins Tyler and Michael Baze.
Tyler Baze, second in the Del Mar rider standings to Joel Rosario, is expected to be out of action for a week as the result of suffering a broken little finger on his left hand. Baze was unseated by his mount, R. Bee Ess, as they went to the gate for the 10th race Aug. 22.
Jockey Corey Nakatani could miss the remainder of the Oak Tree meet at Santa Anita, including the two-day Breeders' Cup festival, with a fractured right clavicle suffered in a spill in the Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the opening day of the meet Sept. 24.
Longtime New York trainer Gary Gullo has replaced Ron Ebanks as agent for jockey Jorge Chavez. Gullo, who gave up his 25 horses in training to take the job, will begin booking mounts for Chavez as soon as the rider finishes his rehab for vertebrae fractures suffered in a spill in the Florida Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short