Ron Charles has stepped down as chairman and as a member of the board of the Thoroughbred Owners of California to pursue other business interests he believes won't permit him to remain active, the TOC announced Oct. 1.
After eight years of service, John Van de Kamp announced that he would be stepping down from his post as TOC president and general counsel on July 1, 2004.
- By Victor Ryan
After eight years of service, John Van de Kamp will be stepping down from his post as president and general counsel of the Thoroughbred Owners of California on July 1, 2004 after eight years of service.
Ron Charles has been elected chairman of the Thoroughbred Owners of California by the organization's board of directors.
A field of nine was entered for Sunday's San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap at Santa Anita. At about 1 3/4-mile on turf, it is the longest grade I race in North America.
- By Jack Shinar
A top executive for Magna Entertainment Corp. told the California Horse Racing Board's parimutuel committee Wednesday that the company's inability to find suitable television distribution for its Santa Anita signal has "caused us chagrin."
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator