Lawyer Ron made a successful case for himself as 2007's champion older male. Racing for the estate of his breeder and original owner, the late Ownesboro, Ky., businessman James T. Hines Jr., Lawyer Ron, for the second consecutive season, earned better than $1 million, and won a pair of grade I contests in impressive fashion.
The legal battle focused on Lawyer Ron has been jointly dismissed by the involved parties, and a decision on the racing future of the multiple grade I winner is expected shortly.
A deal on the sale of all or part of Lawyer Ron, the Arkansas Derby (gr. II) winner who is among the favorites for Saturday's Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is being negotiated with an undisclosed party, according to the colt's namesake, Ron Bamberger.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile