Lawyer Ron made a successful case for himself as 2007's champion older male. Racing for the estate of his breeder and original owner, the late Ownesboro, Ky., businessman James T. Hines Jr., Lawyer Ron, for the second consecutive season, earned better than $1 million, and won a pair of grade I contests in impressive fashion.
The legal battle focused on Lawyer Ron has been jointly dismissed by the involved parties, and a decision on the racing future of the multiple grade I winner is expected shortly.
A deal on the sale of all or part of Lawyer Ron, the Arkansas Derby (gr. II) winner who is among the favorites for Saturday's Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is being negotiated with an undisclosed party, according to the colt's namesake, Ron Bamberger.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant