Lawyer Ron made a successful case for himself as 2007's champion older male. Racing for the estate of his breeder and original owner, the late Ownesboro, Ky., businessman James T. Hines Jr., Lawyer Ron, for the second consecutive season, earned better than $1 million, and won a pair of grade I contests in impressive fashion.
- By Ryan Conley
The legal battle focused on Lawyer Ron has been jointly dismissed by the involved parties, and a decision on the racing future of the multiple grade I winner is expected shortly.
A deal on the sale of all or part of Lawyer Ron, the Arkansas Derby (gr. II) winner who is among the favorites for Saturday's Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is being negotiated with an undisclosed party, according to the colt's namesake, Ron Bamberger.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses