Lawyer Ron made a successful case for himself as 2007's champion older male. Racing for the estate of his breeder and original owner, the late Ownesboro, Ky., businessman James T. Hines Jr., Lawyer Ron, for the second consecutive season, earned better than $1 million, and won a pair of grade I contests in impressive fashion.
- By Ryan Conley
The legal battle focused on Lawyer Ron has been jointly dismissed by the involved parties, and a decision on the racing future of the multiple grade I winner is expected shortly.
A deal on the sale of all or part of Lawyer Ron, the Arkansas Derby (gr. II) winner who is among the favorites for Saturday's Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is being negotiated with an undisclosed party, according to the colt's namesake, Ron Bamberger.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop