Trainer Ed Dunlop is hoping the extended 1 3/4 miles of the Ladbrokes St Leger (Eng-I) will play to the strengths of Red Verdon Sept. 10 at Doncaster in the world's oldest classic, for which Idaho is the early favorite.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up and global fan favorite Red Cadeaux has been euthanized because of complications from the injury he suffered Nov. 3 while making his fifth appearance in the race.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up Red Cadeaux will be retired to "Living Legends" retirement facility in Australia, Racing Post reports.
Bloodstock agent Charlie Gordon-Watson went to 320,000 guineas ($549,068 in United States funds) for a Sea The Stars half sister to group I winner Spinning Queen at the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 28.
After scoring a career-defining victory over three-time classic winner Camelot last time out, Al Kazeem will get a chance to prove the win was no fluke in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) June 19 at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections