Trainer Ed Dunlop is hoping the extended 1 3/4 miles of the Ladbrokes St Leger (Eng-I) will play to the strengths of Red Verdon Sept. 10 at Doncaster in the world's oldest classic, for which Idaho is the early favorite.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up and global fan favorite Red Cadeaux has been euthanized because of complications from the injury he suffered Nov. 3 while making his fifth appearance in the race.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up Red Cadeaux will be retired to "Living Legends" retirement facility in Australia, Racing Post reports.
Bloodstock agent Charlie Gordon-Watson went to 320,000 guineas ($549,068 in United States funds) for a Sea The Stars half sister to group I winner Spinning Queen at the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 28.
After scoring a career-defining victory over three-time classic winner Camelot last time out, Al Kazeem will get a chance to prove the win was no fluke in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) June 19 at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother