Trainer Ed Dunlop is hoping the extended 1 3/4 miles of the Ladbrokes St Leger (Eng-I) will play to the strengths of Red Verdon Sept. 10 at Doncaster in the world's oldest classic, for which Idaho is the early favorite.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up and global fan favorite Red Cadeaux has been euthanized because of complications from the injury he suffered Nov. 3 while making his fifth appearance in the race.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up Red Cadeaux will be retired to "Living Legends" retirement facility in Australia, Racing Post reports.
Bloodstock agent Charlie Gordon-Watson went to 320,000 guineas ($549,068 in United States funds) for a Sea The Stars half sister to group I winner Spinning Queen at the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 28.
After scoring a career-defining victory over three-time classic winner Camelot last time out, Al Kazeem will get a chance to prove the win was no fluke in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) June 19 at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes