Trainer Ed Dunlop is hoping the extended 1 3/4 miles of the Ladbrokes St Leger (Eng-I) will play to the strengths of Red Verdon Sept. 10 at Doncaster in the world's oldest classic, for which Idaho is the early favorite.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up and global fan favorite Red Cadeaux has been euthanized because of complications from the injury he suffered Nov. 3 while making his fifth appearance in the race.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up Red Cadeaux will be retired to "Living Legends" retirement facility in Australia, Racing Post reports.
Bloodstock agent Charlie Gordon-Watson went to 320,000 guineas ($549,068 in United States funds) for a Sea The Stars half sister to group I winner Spinning Queen at the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 28.
After scoring a career-defining victory over three-time classic winner Camelot last time out, Al Kazeem will get a chance to prove the win was no fluke in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) June 19 at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win