Trainer Ed Dunlop is hoping the extended 1 3/4 miles of the Ladbrokes St Leger (Eng-I) will play to the strengths of Red Verdon Sept. 10 at Doncaster in the world's oldest classic, for which Idaho is the early favorite.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up and global fan favorite Red Cadeaux has been euthanized because of complications from the injury he suffered Nov. 3 while making his fifth appearance in the race.
Three-time Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) runner-up Red Cadeaux will be retired to "Living Legends" retirement facility in Australia, Racing Post reports.
Bloodstock agent Charlie Gordon-Watson went to 320,000 guineas ($549,068 in United States funds) for a Sea The Stars half sister to group I winner Spinning Queen at the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 28.
After scoring a career-defining victory over three-time classic winner Camelot last time out, Al Kazeem will get a chance to prove the win was no fluke in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) June 19 at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill