Magna Entertainment Corp. chairman Frank Stronach wants to get things moving with his company's proposed racetrack in Romulus, Mich., but state racing commissioner Robert Geake reiterated Thursday that much remains to be accomplished before any action can be taken.
Magna Entertainment Corp. removed another obstacle to bringing Thoroughbred racing back to the Detroit area on Tuesday when it applied to transfer its Great Lakes Downs racing license to a Delaware corporation.
Voters in Romulus, Mich., will decide Dec. 2 whether to allow for gambling establishments, one of which is a multi-breed racetrack proposed by Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Seagram Cup Next on Sky Captain's Itinerary
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks