Magna Entertainment Corp. chairman Frank Stronach wants to get things moving with his company's proposed racetrack in Romulus, Mich., but state racing commissioner Robert Geake reiterated Thursday that much remains to be accomplished before any action can be taken.
Magna Entertainment Corp. removed another obstacle to bringing Thoroughbred racing back to the Detroit area on Tuesday when it applied to transfer its Great Lakes Downs racing license to a Delaware corporation.
Voters in Romulus, Mich., will decide Dec. 2 whether to allow for gambling establishments, one of which is a multi-breed racetrack proposed by Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct