Frank Adams' Al Skywalker upset Campanile, winning Saturday's $100,000 Bank of America Carolina Cup (NSA-I) by 12 lengths in a strung out finish in front of about 70,000 spectators at Camden, South Carolina. Campanile came home second, 69 lengths ahead Assurance. Addinson was another 60 1/4 lengths back in fourth.
The season's first grade I steeplecase race highlights the March 31st racing card in Camden, S.C. In addition to the grade I race, the card also features five other races worth a combined $200,000 in purses. Gates open early to accommodate the crowd, annually the largest on the NSA schedule, and the races start at 1:30 p.m.
Arch Kingsley rode Timber Bay Farm's Romantic to a 1 1/4-length victory over Campanile on Sunday in the $100,000 Marion du Pont Scott Colonial Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) run at Springdale Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington