Romansh more than made up for his two previous unplaced efforts when he rolled to a convincing 9 1/4-length victory in the Nov. 2 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
George and Lori Hall's Vegas No Show will attempt to notch his third straight stakes victory when he faces seven others in the Nov. 2 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Will Take Charge tries to validate his Travers Stakes (gr. I) victory over Moreno in 1 1/8-mile test at Parx Racing.
They've risen to the top of the 3-year-old division with definitive performances in some of the nation's biggest races. Now, North America's best sophomores--Orb, Verrazano, and Palice Malice--face off Aug. 24 at Saratoga.
Orb, winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), turned in a sharp half-mile work in a bullet :47.68 Aug. 19 in preparation for the Aug. 24 Travers Stakes (gr. I), the fastest of 28 works at the distance.
It's on to the Travers Stakes for Darley Stable's Transparent, who finished first in the July 26 Curlin Stakes for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin but was disqualified to fifth. Romansh, promoted to victory, is possible.
- By Vic Zast
Velazquez fails to overtake Bailey in career victory standings. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong