Trainer Todd Pletcher tied the single-season mark for graded stakes victories Wednesday when Roman Dynasty won the $105,300 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on the opening day of the Aqueduct fall meet.
The hits just keep on coming for trainer Todd Pletcher. First, he tops his own single-season earnings mark; then he enters a record 18 horses for the upcoming Breeders' Cup World Championships; on Wednesday, he ties D. Wayne Lukas' single season mark for graded wins. It's only Oct. 25, folks.
Valid Notebook owns an edge in the $100,000-added Discovery Handicap (gr. III) when Aqueduct opens its 45-day fall meeting Wednesday - if for no other reason than the fact that he won't be facing Discreet Cat.
The Todd Pletcher-trained High Cotton tops a field of nine 3-year-olds entered in the $250,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) on Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Barclay Tagg saved Showing Up's first start on the turf for Saturday, and the trainer's patience was well rewarded in the $1 million Colonial Turf Cup for 3-year-olds at Colonial Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise