Trainer Todd Pletcher tied the single-season mark for graded stakes victories Wednesday when Roman Dynasty won the $105,300 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on the opening day of the Aqueduct fall meet.
The hits just keep on coming for trainer Todd Pletcher. First, he tops his own single-season earnings mark; then he enters a record 18 horses for the upcoming Breeders' Cup World Championships; on Wednesday, he ties D. Wayne Lukas' single season mark for graded wins. It's only Oct. 25, folks.
Valid Notebook owns an edge in the $100,000-added Discovery Handicap (gr. III) when Aqueduct opens its 45-day fall meeting Wednesday - if for no other reason than the fact that he won't be facing Discreet Cat.
The Todd Pletcher-trained High Cotton tops a field of nine 3-year-olds entered in the $250,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) on Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Barclay Tagg saved Showing Up's first start on the turf for Saturday, and the trainer's patience was well rewarded in the $1 million Colonial Turf Cup for 3-year-olds at Colonial Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile
- Merry Meadow Returns in Princess Rooney
- PDJF Day Across America Scheduled for Aug. 1
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive