Rollin With Nolan, a winner of five races and $241,194, was euthanized Friday after sustaining a leg injury in the Churchill Downs Handicap on the Kentucky Derby undercard. The 4-year-old son of Summer Squall won this year's Eillo Stakes at Gulfstream Park, his lone stakes win.
Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey's Rollin With Nolan has been retired from racing after breaking down during the running of the Churchill Downs Handicap (gr. II) on the Kentucky Derby undercard Saturday, according to trainer Nick Zito.
Alannan set a track record, the second established Saturday at Churchill Downs in just three races, in winning the Churchill Downs Handicap (gr. II). The race was marred by and injury suffered by Rollin With Nolan.
Chester and Mary Broman's Hook and Ladder led from start to finish and held off a game challenge from Trippi and Rollin With Nolan for an impressive victory in Friday's Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. II).
Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) winner Jadada worked five furlongs Saturday in preparation for Friday's Clark Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned