U.S. Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) has been awarded the American Horse Council's 2010 Rolapp Award, presented annually to a member of Congress.
The American Horse Council's 2009 Rolapp Award was presented to Kentucky congressman Ben Chandler for his outstanding support of the horse industry. The award was presented to Chandler June 16 at a Congressional Reception in the Capitol during the American Horse Council's National Issues Forum in Washington, D.C.
The Rolapp Award was presented April 19 to Congressman Jim McCrery of Louisiana for his outstanding support of the horse industry.
The United States hasn't issued a formal ban on the importation of horses from countries affected by foot-and-mouth disease, but the American Horse Council continues to monitor the situation in Europe and work with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to issue new importation guidelines.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite