U.S. Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) has been awarded the American Horse Council's 2010 Rolapp Award, presented annually to a member of Congress.
The American Horse Council's 2009 Rolapp Award was presented to Kentucky congressman Ben Chandler for his outstanding support of the horse industry. The award was presented to Chandler June 16 at a Congressional Reception in the Capitol during the American Horse Council's National Issues Forum in Washington, D.C.
The Rolapp Award was presented April 19 to Congressman Jim McCrery of Louisiana for his outstanding support of the horse industry.
The United States hasn't issued a formal ban on the importation of horses from countries affected by foot-and-mouth disease, but the American Horse Council continues to monitor the situation in Europe and work with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to issue new importation guidelines.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Lenny's Place - Episode 1
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding