U.S. Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) has been awarded the American Horse Council's 2010 Rolapp Award, presented annually to a member of Congress.
The American Horse Council's 2009 Rolapp Award was presented to Kentucky congressman Ben Chandler for his outstanding support of the horse industry. The award was presented to Chandler June 16 at a Congressional Reception in the Capitol during the American Horse Council's National Issues Forum in Washington, D.C.
The Rolapp Award was presented April 19 to Congressman Jim McCrery of Louisiana for his outstanding support of the horse industry.
The United States hasn't issued a formal ban on the importation of horses from countries affected by foot-and-mouth disease, but the American Horse Council continues to monitor the situation in Europe and work with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to issue new importation guidelines.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled