U.S. Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) has been awarded the American Horse Council's 2010 Rolapp Award, presented annually to a member of Congress.
The American Horse Council's 2009 Rolapp Award was presented to Kentucky congressman Ben Chandler for his outstanding support of the horse industry. The award was presented to Chandler June 16 at a Congressional Reception in the Capitol during the American Horse Council's National Issues Forum in Washington, D.C.
The Rolapp Award was presented April 19 to Congressman Jim McCrery of Louisiana for his outstanding support of the horse industry.
The United States hasn't issued a formal ban on the importation of horses from countries affected by foot-and-mouth disease, but the American Horse Council continues to monitor the situation in Europe and work with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to issue new importation guidelines.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Untapable to Face Males in Haskell
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Los Alamitos Meet Handles $5 Million a Day
- First Starter Wins for Indiana Sire Dr Large
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 414 Bedford Land
- Sentient Jet Returns as Breeders' Cup Sponsor
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title