U.S. Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.) has been awarded the American Horse Council's 2010 Rolapp Award, presented annually to a member of Congress.
The American Horse Council's 2009 Rolapp Award was presented to Kentucky congressman Ben Chandler for his outstanding support of the horse industry. The award was presented to Chandler June 16 at a Congressional Reception in the Capitol during the American Horse Council's National Issues Forum in Washington, D.C.
The Rolapp Award was presented April 19 to Congressman Jim McCrery of Louisiana for his outstanding support of the horse industry.
The United States hasn't issued a formal ban on the importation of horses from countries affected by foot-and-mouth disease, but the American Horse Council continues to monitor the situation in Europe and work with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to issue new importation guidelines.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence