Oak Spring Farm, the 2,047-acre estate of the later Rachel "Bunny" and Paul Mellon near Upperville, Va., has been placed on the market at an asking price of $70 million.
August Belmont II and Paul Mellon were selected as the inaugural Pillars of the Turf inductees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame's new category June 5. They will be inducted Aug. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Scoop the Gold, a stakes winner and dam of millionaire High Yield, died April 17 because of a ruptured aorta.
Dr. Charles Raymond Allen, a prominent New York veterinarian, passed away on Dec. 10, 2001 in Palm Desert, Calif. He was 76. He practiced veterinary medicine for 45 years, beginning at the New Jersey and Florida tracks, and later Belmont, Aqueduct, and Saratoga with Dr. William O. Reed.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Podcast: Haskin's Racing Review for April 1
- Ready for Rye Looms in Bay Shore Stakes
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge