Oak Spring Farm, the 2,047-acre estate of the later Rachel "Bunny" and Paul Mellon near Upperville, Va., has been placed on the market at an asking price of $70 million.
August Belmont II and Paul Mellon were selected as the inaugural Pillars of the Turf inductees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame's new category June 5. They will be inducted Aug. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Scoop the Gold, a stakes winner and dam of millionaire High Yield, died April 17 because of a ruptured aorta.
Dr. Charles Raymond Allen, a prominent New York veterinarian, passed away on Dec. 10, 2001 in Palm Desert, Calif. He was 76. He practiced veterinary medicine for 45 years, beginning at the New Jersey and Florida tracks, and later Belmont, Aqueduct, and Saratoga with Dr. William O. Reed.
Most Popular Stories
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Jade Girl First Winner for Power Broker
- ABR Talks with Mike Langford, Owner of Untrapped
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move