Oak Spring Farm, the 2,047-acre estate of the later Rachel "Bunny" and Paul Mellon near Upperville, Va., has been placed on the market at an asking price of $70 million.
August Belmont II and Paul Mellon were selected as the inaugural Pillars of the Turf inductees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame's new category June 5. They will be inducted Aug. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Scoop the Gold, a stakes winner and dam of millionaire High Yield, died April 17 because of a ruptured aorta.
Dr. Charles Raymond Allen, a prominent New York veterinarian, passed away on Dec. 10, 2001 in Palm Desert, Calif. He was 76. He practiced veterinary medicine for 45 years, beginning at the New Jersey and Florida tracks, and later Belmont, Aqueduct, and Saratoga with Dr. William O. Reed.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume