Crusader Sword, one of the leading 2-year-olds from his crop, has been pensioned from stallion duty and will reside at Old Friends' retirement farm in New York.
Rachel Alexandra seems to have accomplished the impossible this year. The 3-year-old filly won the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and the Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) by nearly 40 lengths and manhandled males in the BlackBerry Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I).
Scoop the Gold, a stakes winner and dam of millionaire High Yield, died April 17 because of a ruptured aorta.
Two historical properties are for sale in prime horse country in two different states: Kentucky and Virginia.
Timeless Moment Upsets Forego
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen